Thursday, February 22, 2018

Egg sauced Cholula




Man I will honestly say I have had the worst meal ever in the history of man, and it wasn't from members. Members usually make the best meals here, but I'll be darned my poor companion made the worst set of eggs. Haha! The pan did it, as he usually cooks good normal eggs and all, but this time he used a pan he found and such and well, I don't have food poisoning or anything like that. So for dinner last night we had eggs in a pool of Cholula sauce and I about died. Simply said. He was laughing so hard cause he said
"You don't eat that you hurt my feelings man!"
Anyways aside from that I thought it was important to say cause that is now officially the worst meal on the mission. Count me spoiled. 
Anyways this week was a very busy week as well as successful week. We met with Stalin again and we are trying to help him identify how we know who a real prophet is instead of a false prophet as well as getting that answer from God. We are now at the point with him as we were with Ameer so I am a little nervous. 
Another man is Dessy he is from Philadelphia and he is your typical black American guy. He speaks German to so it should be no problem bringing him to church. We literally contacted him in German. For example. 
"Hallo! Ganz kurz..."
"Yo Whaddup!?"
Our eyes just got way big and we became way good friends like that. He told us he has got a few problems and stuff and wants to be closer to God. He is such a great guy. Haha and we gave him our number and stuff and he messaged us through Facebook. 
" Hey send me your number bro!"
So we are teaching this American guy here who is awesome haha. 
Another guy is the older man called Peter Mai who is really interested in how the Bible and the book of Mormon relate and work together. He makes time to meet with us and also helps me learn more about the similarities between them. 
Our boy Phillip had another lesson with us and we taught about the plan of salvation and such. He loved it and just loves us guys. Man it was great. He enjoyed what we had to say but gave me some interesting questions regarding culture and ethics... Gotta love those questions and more to study. We will have our next lesson with him and the Nye family. It is always good to see Melora and Kevin, really weird that I am now doing perhaps a lesson with them and our investigator. 
We also had another lesson with Elder Neighbors sister who is trying to come back to church. Man it went so well and I will say Elder Neighbor gave one of the most powerful testimonies I heard. His sister began with all these concerns and why she can't come back and all this jazz, but Elder Neighbor was quiet for a while and just blew up the atom bomb of testimony. Great to serve with him and grateful for his influence.
It feels great to be doing great and successful work here. We talk to everyone here and these lessons here are only a fraction of what we saw this week. Power of faith and dillegence is truly a testimony and blessing that I have seen here. The work is going forward and things are changing.
Love yall
Elder Monroe
1 Studying on our porch in the sun
2 Cholula with eggs
3-4 Clear skies! 

No comments:

Post a Comment