Thursday, January 17, 2019

Mourn with those that mourn

Been a crazy week.
So we had interviews and other great experiences with others. For example I contacted a woman that had a nine month year old child in a stroller. She was totally sobbing. I just felt like I should ask her how she was doing and she broke down. Her husband threw her out from her house and she was alone with her child with nothing. 
We went and bought her baby food. She was sincere and bought the cheapest bottle of food and three plastic spoons. She thanked us and we lead her to the church for protection from the cold. 
A member was there and gave her five dollars. We watched her as she played with her child in the primary room. Dropped her off with her friend and the whole day was sadly gone, but it was good time. I learned a lot. It reminded me of the last time I was in Saarbrücken with Elder Taylor. We began our time finding and I witnessed a woman get chased out while holding her two year old daughter by her husband. Luckily we were there and the man thought we were police and ran. The woman just sobbed in a corner with her child in the bitter cold rain. I didn't know what to do and I knelt down to see, but lost a wonderful opportunity of service.
Grateful to have the time to do it better this time. 
We invited the woman to church but I already imagined she couldn't make it as she had no train ticket, but we will see. I hope she comes one day. 
Had interviews with President and talked much about faith. He showed me Mormon 8 and I decided to use it. Talked to four people, saw two amazing conversations late at night and one had a lesson. We have an appointment with him this Monday. Hope he comes.
And no mom, didn't wear lederhosen outside haha. Twas a bit chilly... Jk I love you mom.
Loving the time here

Elder Monroe



1 comment: