Thursday, June 14, 2018

Spending the night with President

This week. Man I have no idea honestly. So much happened. I guess it started really on Friday.
Friday we had lessons with two of our progressing baptismal dates who are so awesome btw. It's about 8 p.m so we decide to call it a night and make some dinner. We were cooking and having a good time so much as to put on my leather jacket with snow flakes pajamas, my 2 dollar aviators and a cooking pot on my head. We were having a jam singing session in the apartment as we cooking but then we got this phone call from sister white who also serves here in Wiesbaden. We answered the phone and we were still doing our rap like we were on fire. But sister White kinda killed the attitude haha but said.
Guys this is serious!
Found out the other sister was extremely sick so much as she was passing out. 
So we booked it out of our apartment and I was wearing the same get up except for the pot on my head and we ran all the way across the city. (5k) and I think I set my own PR.  We even ran through this massive German parade so I took my name tag off cause it didn't look the most appropriate at the time.... and I guess my style was in fashion. I had four people call me out saying I was a legend and one asked for my WhatsApp. (Texting contact service whatever it is) but we were running as hard as we could and I was sweating buckets in my outfit. 
Get there and find the sister passed out on the floor. Gave her a quick blessing and members were already on their way. Elder Harmon my man lifted her down seven flights of stairs as fast as he could. It looked quite majestic I wished I took pictures...Haha. 
Launched her in the car with the American members and sped the way there and find out the hospital is closed.... like really? 
We drive around the side and see some ER'S smoking at a no smoking zone so that was great but we were desperate so I ran up ahead and told him we had a girl unconscious and Elder Harmon just ran her in, more like forced her in. So they put her on a stretch in the hall and put some IV's in her and then we get a call from President Boyer asking us the situation. We found out her American health insurance didn't really work so we had to spend a lot of money to have her spend the night at the hospital and members were about to pay (bless their hearts) but we obviously didn't want that. President Boyer said he was on his way and arrived in Wiesbaden at around midnight or so. Just then the other sister got extremely sick and ran to the bathroom and that was bad. It was almost as bad as the other ones and here is where it gets crazy. 
We asked to get her admitted but they won't because she wasn't registered in the city correctly even though she was. In every city you have to do a thing called "Anmeldung " which is us logging into the city. Apparently they were supposed to put a sticker on it which I have never gotten before. So they wouldn't let her in to get cared but they knew the situation with the poor sister. So the American members got pretty furious at the hospital and it was a great time. 
So President Boyer and us just hung out in his car and drove around with him picking up food and supplies for the sisters. That lasted about 2 hours, but then we realized Elder Harmon left his wallet at the hospital so we go all the way back only to find out the sister is still chilling in the hall even though we paid lots of money for her in a room. They didn't even do nothing for her for the 4 hours she was there. So we really made a scene and they kinda got riled up enough to do something. I don't think we were their favorite people haha but we got what we wanted. 
President drove us home at around 3 in the morning and the other sister who wasn't admitted was cared by an awesome member at their apartment and we crashed, only to wake up the next day at 6:45 to see how the other sister was doing and we hung out there for a few hours and we finally got them both to their apartments. 
Fell asleep again and the next day....
I got it. Throwing up and all that jazz and then Elder Harmon got it and that's how the week went. 
Sorry about the email last week I thought it sent but found out like none of them sent. Problems.
Totally recovered and up for a new week.
Members are so awesome and we got lots of service to do as well as appointments everywhere.
Elder Monroe
1. My outfit for the emergency
2. Cookies from American members
3. Garden work (Elder Harmon gave me a haircut lol. We were low on funds.)


No comments:

Post a Comment