Thursday, August 24, 2017

saarbrücken

Well looks like I have been transferred, as my last companion is now training. Congrats to him, but now I am in the land of saarbrücken. I literally feel isolated from the rest of the mission. It is right on the border of france(we can literally walk to France) and we have some members in France as well, giving me the chance not only to serve in Germany but France as well. I can't understand anyone here because either they speak French or Portuguese. No more Muslims it looks like. 

This place is extremely beautiful. From the slums and pits of Duisburg, to a small city and Dorfs (villages and farms) everywhere. Rolling hills of green, farms and forests is everywhere. This is literally culture shock once again. 

The city is really old, so all the apartments and stores are also really old. They are all made of brick and stone, looking like a more 1700's style of Germany. Just a little graffiti ruins a little bit... But that's everywhere in Germany. 

Our new apartment is amazing. I thought my last apartment was massive, this one is way bigger, wood floors, huge balcony on the second floor to chill, wifi, way sweet beds, a freaking dish washer, and life is good. 

My new companion is an interesting guy. His name is Elder Ockey, totally from Utah and has a lot more energy than I do. I will just say that. He loves talking and is usually just a happy guy in general. I think I can use that to help me learn a few new things. Plus he is one hundred percent fluent in German and Spanish. He sounds way good and helps me speak with people from Portugal. 

There has been lots of problems in Saarbrücken. I guess lots of offenses has happened here with the bishop, as he tends to run his church as a business, causing the membership here to plummet to the ground. Lots of less actives, and we have two sets of missionaries here now trying to repair what the last missionary did I guess, as he was like the bishop and Stern to the members. 

Our next pair is the AP as our district leader, he just finished his position as AP and president sent him there to take charge of things as well as training. Elder Jones is serious about goals and I really look forward to working with him. We literally met with our mission leader here and he said this city is dead, so we get the opportunity to change that. 

It was very hard for me to leave Duisburg, but hey. New opportunities ahead I suppose. This is going to be a really interesting transfer and lots of new experiences. Great living circumstances, hard serving circumstances. 

Dad, just gonna say you look way old. Haha love ya guys. 

Much love 

Elder Monroe 

No comments:

Post a Comment