Friday, September 29, 2017

Sept 7 The hand of God


This week was very successful. We have met some really impressive people. I am looking forward to baptisms here in Saarbrücken. There is so many people that are ready, you just got to find them. 
We have met this guy from Eritrea. His name is Isaak. He has an insane story. He was once a soldier for the army of Eritrea, and currently Eritrea is having a horrible Civil War against themselves as well as religion. He says he killed many people and saints, bishops, only because he had to as a soldier. It was his job, but he couldn't stand it anymore. He fled and was inspired by saints who he killed to follow christ and his teachings. He then started his own following of about three hundred followers. But he has no church. He found us on the street one day and looked at us on his bike. He smiled and said 
I see a light in you. I feel the Holy Ghost in you and your eyes are bright. Which church do you belong to? I currently don't have a church and wish to find one. May I join yours and see if I feel the holy ghost there? If I do I will join. 
We obliged and gave him a book of mormon, and when he saw it he was a little scared at first, but looked at it and says, 
If I feel the light in you, what you are saying must be true. But I must read and find out. I need to know what I am joining. 
He came to church in a wonderful testimony meeting and felt the spirit so strong. He told us he was so happy and felt like this is the right church. He than asked us how can I share this book to my people of Eritrea? They are scared of other books besides the Bible, but I will slowly share this book. I want others to have a testimony of Jesus christ. Can I also invite my followers to your church? 
We obliged once again and had a wonderful lesson. He brings his notebook to lessons and takes notes on our lessons. During the lesson I heard his stomach growl very loud. I asked if he was hungry. He has been fasting three days so that he can feel the spirit. No wonder why the lesson went so well. 
He is definitely a blessing in my life, and I know he will be in others to come. He says when he reads the whole book he will be baptized, so it will take a little time. 
Another is a man called Alex from Kyrgyzstan. He is a seeker for truth. He says if it is in the Bible I will believe it and I believe I can get an answer from God. He is very humble and has extremely hard questions, so when we have lessons I always have to give myself assignments as to what to study because most of the time I don't know the answer to his questions. Really great to know him and he really enjoys our time as we do his. 
The hand of god is truly in the lives of others as I have seen. It truly makes me grateful being apart of this work. For there is no greater call. 
Much Love
Elder Monroe



No comments:

Post a Comment