Friday, September 29, 2017

This transfer has come to an end. These things fly by extremely fast and going on to number five. Let's see what happens this next one.
Kind of a hard week this time. Lots of people just don't have the interest here. They are just not the best commitment people here. Haha but there is still lots of people to talk to on the streets of saarbrücken.
It reminds me of the amulonites and amalekites. Out of all the work the Aaron and his brothers did only one was converted. But it really is a testimony to me that every soul is great in the eyes of God. We're gonna at least find one here. That is my goal and we go out everyday to find this one soul.
Anyways I absolutely love the members here. My favorite members here is the Kennedy family. They are so friendly and are about to have a family(so they are a young family) and they come out from Utah. He loves biking, and so he has four very nice bikes on his walls and we enjoy talking about trails and he tells me all about the legendary trails of Utah haha. I love these members here and they are very supportive of us. Always grateful for good members and amazing food. They really make the mission awesome.
I try so hard not to laugh out loud when I walk the streets here. Just this mom who let's her six year old girl drop her pounds and pee on the stairs of the house with everyone there waiting for their train. What the flip!? Haha.
I have been reading the Bible in German as well as the book of Mormon. Elder Jones showed me something really cool. In the German translation, in John 21 where Jesus asks Peter do you love me? In German the translation is Liebst du mich? Which means in a literal sense... 
Do you truly love me? (In a deep and loving way). 
As you know the story Peter says yea lord I love thee. But in the third time in the German translation Jesus asks. 
Hast du mich lieb? 
This translation says do you love me? (in a brotherhood sense). There are many different levels of expressing love in German, and it really made me think. Jesus truly showed love to his apostles as well as us, and he literally is our older brother. I never really thought about that and I truly love the German language, especially in terms such as this. I never really thought of loving him as a brother but it was something that affected me. Just a cool fact. 
Investigators, well let's just say we are looking for more. Lots of people don't like hearing they have to be baptized again. Haha. Just press forward.
Much love
Elder Monroe
1 freaking hate this lady cause everything I introduce myself.
Oh! Like Marilyn Monroe!
2 met some weird guy in the forest in a hike and demanded that we hugged trees to show respect to the forest because they are our brothers... Here is Elder Jones hugging a tree. He invited us... We were his guests.(The odd guy in the forest)  Never thought I would hug trees on the mission.... Haha

3 Forest was still pretty



No comments:

Post a Comment