Sunday, September 24, 2017

Sept 21, 2017

So we went to a members house. His name is Bessem. He has a heart if gold and his à Muslim convert and makes friendly rap. He isn't all the way there but just so friendly. He asked if he could say a blessing for us. We said we would love one. Then he said a prayer about when we finish our missions that we can find a beautiful lady to marry and she will be perfect and will have beautiful children. A beautiful virgin. I was kinda reminded of the joke I heard in the MTC. 
1 Nephi 11:10,15
And the Angel said unto me what desires thou? 
And I said unto him, a virgin, most beautiful and fair above all other virgins. 
I just kinda looked up in the middle of the prayer and was like
Hey thanks. Will do man!
So for what has happened that is notwendig.
We were dooring in this catholic neighborhood. Horrible idea. We door for three hours and one guy kinda listened to us and took our card at least. He didn't let us in and we just talked on his porch. The others all said they were all catholic. Rough.
One of them really was interesting though. She was a little over sixty it looked like wearing lots of make-up and really tight leather black clothes. Like painfully tight. We asked her if she wanted to hear a message of Jesus christ. She was like (in the weirdest highest voice ever)
Oh I am sorry. I am so busy and my children aren't home. It is so hard cleaning the house and it's so stressful.
So as my call states that we are called to serve, I asked her if we could help her with any problems that she may be having. Her reply...
Oh you m'en are wonderful young boys. No but I think you are so sweet. Come by another time and we will see about it......
TCHUSSY GUSSY!
Then blew us a huge kiss and winked, closed the door, and me and my companion just stood there in awe. We had no idea what the crap just happened. We freaking ran into a cougar. And for the elders who are reading this letter, TCHUSSY GUSSY is actually real. Tschüss in German means bye, but adding the GUSSY in the end just makes the whole situation worse.
Then another fun one. My companion is an interesting guy. I think I am learning lots from him, like in the other way haha. He wears this long trench coat thing he calls the black mamba. He is a little out there and loves this thing to death so he wears it everywhere, despite Germans giving him so much crap about it. So for example we were contacting people on the streets/shop Platz. Then two trashy looking female druggies in their teens and a druggy guy comes up to Elder ockey and asks.
Do you sell speed?
What?
Do you sell speed?
I am a missionary! Can't you tell?
Then this guy booked it, but my companion stopped him and asked him spiritual questions as to why he does that. The guy said his coat was big so he thought he was hiding drugs. Gave him a Mormon card, they went into a store, alarms went off everywhere. Hate it when you steal stuff lol.
Then another guy who was high on cocaïne (he had lots of energy and was dancing around as he talks) told my companion his cape looks cool and likes his Harry Potter costume. Haha. My companion didn't like the roast so much. It's what you learn on a mission. I still have fun with this guy. 
We had Interviews with President. He is always a great guy. He told me expect to see more changes in Saarbrücken. I know we can change this place. It is a rough place and really fun at the same time.
Still working with Isaak. Hope all goes well for him.
I just realized something on my mission. Lots of people aren't there all the way, but without that life wouldn't be interesting. Everyday I meet someone who does the most ridiculous things. Perhaps he tries to cut someone's fingernails. Perhaps a guy in lederhosen tries to make his journey somewhere in a Peter pan hat but goes home because he is too tired, or an old guy with a motorcycle helm on who steals empty bottles to recycle it for money, or drunks scratching the sides of lots of cars with the trunk of a sapling. Or just turks in general haha. It is ridiculous. I was missing out on all of this when I was home. I wouldn't be in any other place. Germany is my dream mission and what do ya know. I love it here and I love the people. I can speak pretty good German and it's coming faster and faster. It's a lot more comfortable being here and of course I still have lots more to learn. Life is good, and it only gets better.
Much love
Elder Monroe 

No comments:

Post a Comment