Thursday, August 23, 2018

Blessing of the people

Man we have been blessed left and right. It's been amazing. We had a great zone conference in which we talked about finding through members and stuff as well as teaching once a day. Truly wanted to do that and a member at church the other day asked me how the work was going. I replied it was a little rough and we really wanted to work with the members and asked how we could gain their trust and actually have appointments, but right as I said that five families of Germans asked us to have a dinner appointment with them and this family wants us there once a week. Talk about awesomeness. The guy I was talking to me just looked at me and kinda laughed.
Huh, well there you go! 
So that was great and had some lessons with the members. One we've been focusing on is our friend from Vietnam and had a bomb lesson with sister Laurido from Columbia. She made way amazing taco things and carnitas. I was in heaven and such. Then we taught the lesson and it was something I will never forget. We showed the video of hope in Christ's light, and I felt the spirit a thousand times stronger than I've ever had. It just it me so hard and was one of the most significant moments I've ever had and just bore testimony. Linh was in tears and just said
The spirit is definitely here! I feel it so strong! Like never before. 
It was so awesome, and he is really thinking about baptism. He knows it's true. 
Our boy Parker we met from Michigan is an investigator from ours. His testimony of God is unfathomable. I don't understand it. His testimony is in my opinion stronger than mine. He knows God lives and thrives in every hardness in his life. He has been separated from his family and lives on the streets and can't get support from them. He is so humble and never asks food from us, just that we pray for him. He just says his life rocks and it can't be better because he has a testimony of christ. 
Than one day he called us and said he found a weird bump on his chest. 
Found out he got cancer and can't pay for it. He looked at me and said I guess my time for this world is over, but that's okay. I know this happened from bad decisions I've made in the past, but I'm okay with it. I'm a child of God. And he loves me and I'm ready to go home. 
Those words struck me with power and we gave him a blessing right there. I told him in the prayer that according to his faith miracles can happen but always understand that what God puts in motion is according to his plan. Big brother hug and left. 
Showing family history to our friends. Mike is now obsessed with it and has been digging up his files and finding information about his dad. He loves his dad as he died last year. Something weird is right after his father died is when he had a dream of the salt lake temple. Then he called the missionaries and they were right there. Now he wants to be baptized for his father. We just got to get him ready for his temple recommend. 
So those are only a few blessings we've seen. Much has changed and we are about to hit a new transfer. Things are looking up. 
Much love 
Elder Monroe 

Also went on a split with a priest. Good kid



No comments:

Post a Comment