Thursday, June 15, 2017

May 25

So today we went to Xanten for pay and watched some epic battles in a coliseum. So awesome. 

Anyways dad I need your help. We have a 17 year old kid with a heroine problem. He comes from London and he really wants our help. His name is Alex. 6 weeks he goes to counseling. We already have a baptismal date. Me and Elder Davis were on an exchange and BTW we were both new. I just felt inspired to ask him that and he said he would love to and wants to change. So if you can tell us what the effects are, substitute for such, we don't know what to do since our church doesn't really have a great program for drugs. Only for tobacco, alcohol, and cigarettes. If you can be fast in reply, thanks. We already talked to the mission president about it. All he told us was to stay in touch with him and his family. I just want to know what it is. 

Still with some of the same investigators. Dudi is great, but my trainer makes me make the calls to drop investigators. Really tough when they don't have interest even though they are great friends. I am going to miss Mohammad Darwish. 

My German only gets better. Now I am having real conversations with others and giving directions. Still don't understand people a lot, but at least they understand me. 

We are doing a mini Mission with a great man called David Kilgore! Last mini Mission I think ever actually. He is a wonderful man who is 18 and only speaks German. Great practice for me. He reminds me a lot of Elder Calhoun. Lots of potential and works hard. For some reason his parents think he isn't ready, but that man has no fear. Heart of a lion! Haha! He is a little different but would not hurt a fly. We have him for 2 weeks. 

The members are always supportive. Wonderful in every way. One is a soccer sports show guy on Facebook. His name is Piet! He is hilarious and yea. I got a picture of him for you. But anyways they are supporting everyone to come and always make sweet spielabbends where everyone gets together and get to know each other. So friendly. 

The Persian families are wonderful. They are amazing. Thean on the far right is called Pooyan. He goes to church every week and will be baptized in 2 weeks I think. 

All is well! I love it here! More and more to see and do. 

Much love

Elder Monroe 

No comments:

Post a Comment