Thursday, June 15, 2017

May 18 2017

Hey! It's good to see you guys. That was great. Not much has happened since. We didn't have very many investigators so we I came up with an idea. The 100 contact March. We had to contact 100 people in a day. The first 15 were great. We received 3 investigators just like that, but the rest of the day was a drag. My idea did not go so well. We got 5 new potentials but so far none of them have returned a call. There is a lot of angry people in the world. Some only to call us to say why they never have the time and why we just aren't worth anything. Or while we are walking a grumpy old guy with his window open on the third floor shouts at us that we are beggars and trying to steal money, or even better. Some people drive by and simply yell that God is dead and we are useless. It really is humbling and sometimes makes me sad how miserable some people are in the world today. It just reminds me that without God or his presence I would be just as miserable as the people are. Haha! Yea I sometimes sound pessimistic but for me that is the truth. 
On a higher note we have a Catholic friend who always goes up to us and shakes our hands. He is an older gentleman with his stereotypical old man Catholic bishop clothes. His nice gray overcoat, black fedora, and his cane of black marble. He is always so friendly and always compliments us for our labors. Then ends with a friendly bye and a warm smile. Sometimes I think the Lord sends people like him to simply make our day. 
And our last 100th contact was a man called Stephen from Ghana. He is a professor and was stopped on his bike. We talked with him, already talked with Mormons in Romania I think, and was actually interested and asked us for a book of Mormon. We then learned the Ghana handshake, which is a sign of great friendship and he bought us ice cream and chips to end the day. He said next year he will research the church more, so yea he probably won't, but people like him as I said before, we're probably sent to us so we could have a little more joy in hard times. It was a perfect way to end the day. That March was 8 hours of constant walking. 
As I see these tender mercies in our lives, this just reminds me again why I am here. I want other people to see these tender mercies in life and how God really is a loving father. 
Love 
Elder Monroe
Oh yea that is our pal bruder Suhl. He came to Sacrament meeting like this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment