Thursday, June 22, 2017

This week was filled with really interesting people. Everyday is like that here in Duisburg since it is refugee haven. For example we knocked on someones door and the door opened. We went in the apartment building and it was a nasty fat guy with really tight whity tighties and no clothes on but that. He saw us and was like
Ah. Auf Wiedersehen! 
Auf wiedersehen. 
Äh 
So we left and went to knock on other doorbells outside the apartment. Then this guy with no clothes on opened his window and all his body was practically outside of the window and yelled. 
Ah
Auf wiedersehen. 
No one lives there. 
And he stared into our souls. Right as he said that the door ringed open to say that someone was there. In your face underwear man. 
We get to the next door and the guy that opens it is his twin. Needless to say we had no success there. 😐
Then I met 3 Romanians this week at different times. One was a lady with almost no clothes on and she asked me about my book. Okay why not. Said it was the book of Mormon. She lost interest and asked about me and where I came from. 
I will never say anything about America again. She started flirting, I started bearing my testimony about the book of Mormon. She saw I had no interest so she simply left. But the funny part was behind me was a bunch of immodest mannequins which had a really old grandma who was hunched over with a cane looking at these things. 
She looked up and down and kinda "hmm! Hehe". 
She sketched me out really bad. 
Then another Romanian I contacted looked at my book of Mormon and said
"I'm too superior to read that book. My religion is too complex for you." 
Said a guy in a muscle shirt with nasty blonde hair, a cigarette, and 3$sunglasses . Then he asked
Do you speak Greek? 
No. 
I do, So do you speak Latin? 
No. 
I do. Do you speak Aramaic? 
No
... Me neither. But I am working on it. Only when you know these languages you are worthy to speak to me. 
No problem! I guess his church is too good for me. 👌
Not to many lessons this week. Just a lot of finding and dinner appointments. It was actually really fun. German is a really hard language and is notorious for being hard. Still making slow progress, but it is progress. It is sometimes fun being able to speak another language. 
Dad, your fish looks great. That looks about 42 pounds, I mean grams. Glad you guys are having fun. I know that I am. Here are some fun pictures this time. 
1Just our Rathaus that got bombed in world War 2
2 Elder Fisher knocking on hells door. 

3 Just the Rhine river.


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy hearing about your adventures. Keep your chin up. Thoughts and prayers go out ahead of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy hearing about your adventures. Keep your chin up. Thoughts and prayers go out ahead of you!

    ReplyDelete