Friday, April 20, 2018

Clock is ticking

Hey yall so transfer 10 came by and I got a new guy. His name is Elder Hunter and yea! We will see what happens.
Otherwise we had many lessons today. People who are ready it seems, for example our great pal Cassandra is meeting us still and trying to come to church, except the problem is this Sunday is stake conference so that's a bit of a problem as it is in Düsseldorf. Looks like we have to wait till next week. She cracks me up and she is interested. Let's go. 

Another one is Gero! Who might actually come to the conference with Elder Rasband! Like I didn't even say "hey come along." but just that we couldn't set up an appointment on Saturday morning as we had an important meeting with an apostle of God. Apparently that piqued his interest and he really wants to go. I can't say no. 😊
Oh yea and I just sent Elder Stark home. That guy has been extended twice. Don't even know how that is possible but it is. It was fun serving with the guy and "may the force be with him." haha

And I guess another thing yall might enjoy is when Elder Stark and I were trying to get on a street train near our house this man was  driving by and his trunk randomly opened, and cartons of beer just launched everywhere. Like all over the cars and everything behind it. Everyone on the train just started laughing way hard, but what was really funny is that there was already a guy there in his Machine cleaning the streets and all he did was simply turn around and just wash the street, nothing happened. Everyone got back in their cars and it was back to normal. I guess this happens a lot here because most the time I am on train, people just bring beer on the train and then they either throw it somewhere or just drop it and then the train smells like beer the rest of the day. Like I have become way acquainted with the smell of Alcohol and Marijuana. Haha. I don't know if that is a good thing or not.
Had another cool experience on the train. Someone once again spilled his beer all over the train and people came to my seat for safe haven and such. Then these other kids came around my seat and asked me. 
"Woah! Are you a priest!"

(My companion was on the other side of the train talking to someone.)
And I was like yea! In a way. More of a missionary. 

And they thought it was so cool. And then as they asked these questions, other people listened and started asking questions. Like I had an audience of 8 people. And as they left I gave them cards because sadly I had no time to get their info and they nodded, smiled, and went forward. Coolest thing ever. Maybe we should bring ten year olds with us or something.

Other than that that was really all that was remarkable this week. Let the good times roll. 

Love yall
Elder Monroe 



No comments:

Post a Comment