Monday, April 2, 2018

I have already met a couple of really friendly people here in Köln; one of which I believe is already ready for the gospel. We shall see.
We were in the City of Leverkusen on our way to an appointment and I just had the feeling to talk to this guy, turns out he wants to be a missionary and come closer to God. He is a German student with already very high standards and we explained to him everything about the book of Mormon, and how it brought us closer to christ. 
He loved it and asked for a copy so of course we gave it to him, and not long after he (as we got his Facebook) he started asking us questions about the book and did a lot of research on it. We were a little afraid but he came across the section of the baptism of little children... And he loved it! And he keeps telling us about it so that's cool! We hope he makes progress. Just a cool little miracle that we saw.
We were also giving these invitations out to our ward conference to some members when we ran into the house of this older man from turkey. At first I thought he was an odd guy, but he invited us in because he keeps telling us everything he was grateful for because God was there for him, because he was literally broken apart and placed together. Craziness. He wasn't supposed to survive but somehow did, so in his gratitude he goes around and collects bottles. (Bottles cost money here. Around 25 cents a bottle). With the money he collects from bottles, he buys vegetables and fruit and rides around on his bike with this food and gives it to the poor people who need it. He says he is extremely happy with his life even though he lives in a very trashy room. (Think of a small garage.) And thus garage is already full of fruit, vegetables and glass bottles that he has collected. It really increased my perspective with what I should be grateful for and how I can be more serviceable myself. His life was literally a life of service. I hope we meet him again.
Other than that our area where we are serving is quite enjoyable. I so love it here. Like everyday is simply so nice. I can't explain it. The members are just so friendly to us and I am happy with what I am seeing. I think these next couple of days is where we get to focus on finding by the university as that is where we live, but we have just been so busy with member appointments! I dunno, I guess that also goes along the lines of gratitude here for me.
So yea! Gratitude and service. I decided to focus more on this subject after I met the man and my scripture for the week now is.
Mosiah 2:17
When ye are in the service of your fellow beings, ye are only in the service of your God.
I love it here yall! Hope you the best. 
Much love 
Elder 

1 comment:

  1. I've been to that cathedral and it's super impressive! You're so lucky to be able to be there.

    ReplyDelete